AMAN SOLICITORS ADVOCATES - COMPLAINTS HANDLING POLICY
We value our clients business and do not wish anyone to have any reason to be unhappy with us. We are confident of providing a high quality service. It is therefore important that clients raise any concerns they may have with us immediately so that we may address them. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our complaints procedure
If you are dissatisfied with the service received or if they are dissatisfied with regards to a charge on a bill received, they need to first contact the member of staff who is dealing with the matter. If that member of staff cannot resolve the matter you will be advised of your right to make a formal complaint and the process of doing so.
You will be need to set out your complaint in writing to Mr Haroon Majid, the Complaints Handling Director. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. If the complaint is in connection with Mr Majid or he does not resolve the complaint to the your satisfaction, we will delegate the handling of the complaint to another Director for investigation. You are required to set out as clearly as they can the nature of your complaint or concern and how it has arisen. Please also ensure that their letter states the identity of the person who dealt with the matter and the file reference number.
What will happen next?
Within fourteen working days of receipt of receiving a complaint we will:
- Record the complaint in our central database and open a file for the complaint.
- Ask you to confirm or explain any details which are unclear.
We will also send a letter acknowledging receipt of the complaint within 14 days Our investigation
- We will investigate your complaint normally within eight weeks of you making the complaint and within fourteen working days of receiving the complaint, we will ask the member of staff who acted for you to comment and will review your file.
- Within 28 working days of receiving the complaint (or the further details requested), Mr Majid will write to you with our view of the complaint and how to resolve it. If the complaint relates to Mr Haroon Majid then another Director of the Company will investigate the complaint, we will notify you of the name of the Director investigating. You will have 7 days to respond to this, if no response is received the matter will be deemed to have been concluded.
- Mr Majid may invite you to a meeting. After the meeting will write to you within 7 working days to confirm what took place and any solutions agreed.
- If after receiving our response to the complaint you are still not satisfied, you can write to us again. We will review our decision and will do the following:
- We will invite you to agree to another Individual or Director to review the complaint and make recommendations, if any. They will do this within 14 days. In all but exceptional circumstances we will act upon the advice given by the Individual/ Director.
- We will then write to you confirming our final position on the complaint and explain our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, the next step is for you to contact the Legal Ombudsman by the following methods :
- Telephone : 0300 555 0333
- Overseas: +44 12 245 3050
- Minicom: 0300 555 1777
- Email: email@example.com
- Or In writing : PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ www.legalombudsman.org.uk
- If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
What to do if you are unhappy with our behaviour
The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.
Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.